What do voice students do?
- Learn everything they can about their voice
- Remember that learning vocal technique is a process
- Listen to other speakers and singers for examples and non-examples of technique and expression
- Practice vocal development and skills at regular intervals each week
- Focus their awareness on the sights, sounds, and feelings of vocal technique
- Focus their awareness on the words and sentiments of a song or monologue and explore personal performance choices
- Practice patience so they enjoy the journey of changing their technique and expression
- Experiment with new ways of doing many things
- Try out new sounds in a supportive environment
- Experience, laugh, cringe, question, and often smile with joy, satisfaction, and wonder
- Sing and speak… just for the joy of singing and speaking
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!